How to Make an Old Wood Surf Board Into a Decoration. You can use an old surfboard as cool wall decor in your home.
First, you need to gather some supplies. You will need a drill, saw, screws, sandpaper, paint, and a surfboard.
Next, you need to cut the surfboard in half. Then, sand down the rough edges.
After that, you can paint the surfboard any color you want.
Checkout this video:
Old wood surfboards can make great decorations for your home, office, or anywhere else. If you have an old wood surfboard that you’re not using anymore, why not turn it into a decoration? Here’s how:
1. Start by sanding down the surface of the surfboard. You’ll want to remove any Splinters or rough patches.
2. Once the surface is smooth, apply a coat of paint or varnish. You can choose any color or style you like.
3. Next, add some decorative elements to the board. This could include beach-themed stickers, shells, sea glass, or anything else you like.
4. Hang the surfboard on a wall or door using screws or nails. You can also lean it against a wall or piece of furniture.
Your old wood surfboard is now a unique and stylish decoration!
-1 old wood surfboard
-1 can of primer
-1 can of paint
-1 can of clear sealer
-1/2 inch paint brush
-1 inch paint brush
-High speed sander
-Random orbit sander
-Stainless steel screws
##Expansion:1. Clean the board with a stiff brush and soapy water. Rinse it well and allow it to dry completely. This may take a day or two.
2. Use a table saw or circular saw to cut the surfboard in half lengthwise. If you are using a table saw, clamp a straight edge to the surfboard to use as a guide. If you are using a circular saw, be very careful to make a straight cut. You may want to practice on some scrap wood first.
3. Use a high speed sander to remove any old paint or varnish from the surface of the wood. You will need to sand until you have a smooth surface that is ready to be stained or painted.
4. Use a router to round over all of the edges of the wood. This will give your surfboard decoration a more finished look and prevent anyone from getting splinters from the rough edges of the wood.
5 . Use a random orbit sander to smooth out any rough spots on the surface of the wood. Make sure that you remove all of the sanding dust before moving on to the next step.
6 . Attach any decorations that you want to add to your surfboard decoration such as hooks for hanging coats or keychains, or shelves for displaying photographs or other memorabilia
1. Remove any hardware, such as the leash plug, from the surfboard. While these items can be reused, they will not be part of the decoration.
2. Clean the surfboard with a mild soap and water. Rinse it well and let it dry completely.
3. Apply a layer of polyurethane to the surfboard. This will protect it from moisture and wear over time.
4. Once the polyurethane is dry, apply a layer of paint in any color or design you desire. You may need to apply multiple coats to get complete coverage. Let the paint dry completely between each coat.
5. Once the paint is dry, you can add embellishments such as decals, stickers, or shells. Let your creativity run wild!
6. Hang your decorated surfboard on the wall using nails or screws placed through the fin boxes (the small rectangular openings near the surfboard’s tail). Or, lean it against a wall like a piece of art. Enjoy your unique beach-inspired decoration!
After the decal is dry, you can add a final coat of clear Polyurethane to protect it. You can either brush it on or spray it on, but make sure to do it in a well-ventilated area. If you’re going to brush it on, use a foam brush so you don’t end up with brush strokes in the finish. Let the Polyurethane dry completely before hanging your board on the wall.